Bachelor's/diploma and master's theses
The DBFZ offers numerous scientific topics for bachelor's/diploma and master's theses as well as internships.
Please note: although the title of the topics are in English, the PDF files are in german language only.
If you do not find a suitable topic for you among the suggestions listed, please send us a topic suggestion with reference to the corresponding department. We look forward to receiving your application at bewerbung(at)dbfz(dot)de
The following diploma/bachelor and master thesis topics are offered in Bioenergy Systems Department.
Overview of topics:
- Overview for Master's, Diploma, Bachelor's and Internship Theses in Bioenergy Systems Department (BS)
In the Biochemical Conversion Department, the following diploma/bachelor and master thesis topics are offered. Realisation of the topics mentioned above is possible in English language upon agreement.
Overview of topics:
In the Thermo-chemical Conversion Department, the following diploma/bachelor and master thesis topics are offered.
- Validation of an operational method for screening of carbon monoxide offgassing from wood pellets
- Development of a hardware and software concept for the provision of real and simulated system data from an energy provider using a microcontroller
- Graduate thesis - Investigation of various parameters of the pelleting of biogenic raw and residual materials on a pilot plant scale with a focus on fuel generation
- Simulation of the performance of micro-CHP plants for use in buildings within a deregulated energy market
- Fluid Mechanical Simulation of a Small Combustion Plant
- Verification of materials in order to trigger specific electrical properties in an experiment set up for this purpose.
- Adaptation and validation of a field method for the analysis of the outgassing characteristics of wood pellets
- Use of near infrared (NIR) analysis for rapid analysis of mineral constituents in biogenic solid fuels
- Influence of pelleting and torrefaction parameters on the properties of torrefaced biomass fuels
In the Biorefineries Department, the following diploma/bachelor and master thesis topics are offered.
- Instationary operation of methanisation in fixed bed reactors
- Process simulation and technical evaluation of different process chains for the synthesis of furfuryl alcohol and/or tetrahydrofuran from furfural solutions
- Investigation of the technical parameters of a press technology for hot dewatering of thermo-chemically as well as thermally pre-treated sewage sludge
- Experimental investigation and balancing of an oil-temperated methanation reactor
- Experimental investigation of catalysts for selective alkene production from synthesis gases
- Green chemicals Experimental studies on the conversion of sugar and hemicellulose into biobased platform chemicals
- Membrane systems in the catalytic synthesis of methane
- Development of a liquid-liquid extraction for the recovery of medium-chain carboxylic acids from a fermentation broth
- Simulation-technical investigation and optimization of a dust gasifier
- Use of potassium as a catalyst for gasification processes
- Studies on the adsorption of lignin and/or phenol derivatives from wood hydrolysates
- Untersuchung, Bewertung und Scale-Up der Entwässerung von Mikroalgen mittels Dekantierzentrifugation